Announcing the 2021 WordCrafter Paranormal Short Fiction ContestPosted: December 7, 2020
I’m a sucker for a good ghost story. I think most people are. That is why Where Spirits Linger will be the theme for the 2021 WordCrafter Short Fiction Contest. WordCrafter Press is looking for quality paranormal stories in which setting plays a key role, for publication of its 2021 paranormal anthology. Haunted houses, hotels, cemeteries, and other places ‘where spirits linger’ are all fair game.
- Submit a paranormal story in which the setting plays a key role. I want to read your ghost story!
- Stories should be less than 10,000 words and have paranormal elements.
- Flash fiction is accepted as long as it is a complete story, with beginning, middle and end.
- Submit only works that are unpublished and for which you hold copyright.
- Submit stories in a word doc, double spaced with legible 12 pt font, in standard manuscript format.
- Submit stories to email@example.com with Submission: [Your Title] in the subject line. Submit your $5 entry fee using the ‘Pay with PayPal’ button below.
- Submission Deadline: April 30th, 2021
- If you receive an invitation for the anthology, you will also be asked to submit a short author bio and photo.
- No simultaneous submissions. You should receive a reply 30 – 45 days after submission deadline.
- Multiple submissions are accepted with appropriate entry fee for each individual story.
All entries are eligible for publication in the Where Spirits Linger anthology, to be released in October 2021. The winning submission is guaranteed publication, and the author will receive a $25 Amazon gift card.
Contest Submission Fee
All contest entries are eligible for publication in the 2021 WordCrafter paranormal anthology, “Where Spirits Linger”.
Previous WordCrafter Anthologies
Now Available in Print
Like this post? Let me know in the comments. You can be sure not to miss any of Writing to be Read’s great content by subscribe to e-mail or following on WordPress. If you found this content helpful or entertaining, please share.