WordCrafter Update: Stay in Place Virtual Writing Conference & Short Fiction Contest Submission Deadline ApproachingPosted: April 27, 2020 | Author: kayelynnebooth | Filed under: Ask the Authors, Books, Fiction, Nonfiction, Paranormal, Promotion, Stories, WordCrafter, WordCrafter Press, Writing, Writing Contest, Writing Event, Writing Reference | Tags: 2020 Stay in Place Virtual Writing Conference, 2020 WordCrafter Short Fiction Contest, Ask the Authors Anthology, Whispers of the Past, WordCrafter, WordCrafter Press, Writing Events, Writing to be Read |3 Comments
April has been a busy month for WordCrafter. The 2020 Stay in Place Virtual Writing Conference is tomorrow, April 28th. Wow! Even during all this Stay at Home stuff, time has just flown by. I can’t believe the day has already arrived. I hope everyone will join us. If you didn’t recieve an invite you can click on the link above to sign up, (just click on ‘Going’.) That gets you into the free Facebook event portion of the conference, where there will be a video or live stream presentation every hour, as well as author takeovers where you can meet some talented authors and converse via the comment section.
But that’s not all. You can also click on ‘Find Tickets’ to gain access to the interactive portion of the conference on Zoom. (Please do this ahead of time, so I have time to get the access information to you.) This portion of the conference will feature interactive workshops and panel discussions that you won’t want to miss, including the Keynote with Kevin J. Anderson. Each individual session is $5 or you can get an ‘All Events Pass’ and attend all of the sessions for $50. I know many of us don’t have an abundance of money right now, so I tried to keep this affordable.
We have 22 presenters, (you can learn more about our talented presenters here), offering presentations, workshops and panel discussions.
- Opening Introductions
- “The Gateway to the Unknown: Poetry Thought Shop” with Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer – 9:10 am
- “The Art & Craft of Writing” workshop with L. Jagi Lamplighter – 10 am
- “Promoting Your Book BIG” with Dave Wolverton – 10:10 am
- Short Fiction Panel: Lamplighter; Raine; Maberry; DeMarco; Wilber; Killiany-11 am
- “The Power of Motivation: What your characters do and why” with Mario Acevedo – 11:10 am
- “Visceral Story Beginnings” workshop with Sean Taylor – 12 pm
- “Story Ideas and the Choices You Make” with Jason Henderson – 12:10 pm
- World Building Panel: Lamplighter; Raine; Maberry; De Marco; Killiany – 1 pm
- “Working with Other People: How to direct others successfully” with Anthony Dobranski – 1:10 pm
- “Writing Across Genres” workshop with Chris Barili – 2 pm
- “Creating Villains We Love To Hate” with Art Rosch – 2:10 pm
- Keynote – “The Popcorn Theory of Success” by Kevin J. Anderson – 3 pm
- “How to Swim Upstream: When you’re not mainstream in your market/genre” with Anthony Dobranski – 3:10 pm
- The Ins & Outs of Writing Media Tie-Ins Panel: DeCandido; Maberry; Nash; Killiany – 4 pm
- “Short Fiction” with L.D. Colter – 4:10 pm
- Book Marketing Panel: Nash; Henderson; Wolverton; Alatorre – 5 pm
- “Writing in the Face of Adversity” with Chris Barili – 5:10 pm
- “The Savage Horror of Back Cover Copy” workshop with Anthony Dobranski – 6 pm
- “The Importance of Promotion” with Bobby Nash – 6:10 pm
- “Business Class Tarot” workshop with Anthony Dobranski – 7 pm
- “The Business of Writing” with Keith R.A. DeCandido – 7:10 p.m.
- “Bringing the Funny: How to Apply Humor in Your Writing” workshop with Jody Lynn Nye – 8 pm
- Closing Ceremonies
While things have been busy in preparation for the conference, I don’t want anyone to forget the fast approaching deadline for the “WordCrafter 2020 Short Fiction Contest”, on April 30th. (See Full Submission Guidelines).There’s still time to submit your story, so put on the finishing touches and polish it up. I’m dying to read your entry!
The great news is that Ask the Authors is finished and finally being released. It’s been a long haul and it was quite a project, but the result is a quality author’s reference no author should be without.
Buy Link: https://books2read.com/u/mdzvwO
Last, but not least, Whispers of the Past is on sale for .99 cents starting tomorrow, April 28th, 2020 through Thursday, April 30th at all outlets.
Buy Link: https://books2read.com/u/38EGEL
Like this post? Let me know in the comments. You can be sure not to miss any of Writing to be Read’s great content by subscribe to e-mail or following on WordPress. If you found this content helpful or entertaining, please share.
[…] can find a full schedule here. I do hope all of you will join us for this unique writing event. It’s the first of its kind […]
LikeLiked by 1 person
Fantastic Kaye. A lot of these events run through my night but I am attending the late evening workshop and will pop in on FB too. Sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m on the FB page, but I don’t hear anything.
LikeLiked by 1 person